Majority Believe Home Prices Will Continue Rising

Posted Leave a commentPosted in Buying a new (to you) home., Financing, Market Direction, Statistics

According to a recent Gallup poll, only 10% of respondents believe that prices will fall. The remaining 90% are split between rising and staying the same, at 64% and 26% respectively. In 2009, during the recession, only 22% of respondents believed home prices would be going up soon. Because of rising house prices, about the […]

Over 9000 FHA Loans in 2016 Never Should Have Happened

Posted Leave a commentPosted in Financing

The sources of information used by FHA lenders in 2016 were outdated or insufficient, and lenders didn’t request sufficient information from borrowers about delinquent federal debt and in some cases, delinquent child support payments. Because of this, the FHA insured loans for some people who were legally ineligible to receive them. The Department of Housing […]